What is Bowen therapy?
Bowen therapy is a gentle form of bodywork applied directly on the skin that has deep healing effects. Gentle cross fibre manipulation of the fascia or connective tissue, using specialised moves, works on specific muscles, tendons and ligaments which in turn, initiates muscle relaxation. It also, reduces nerve pressure and promotes realignment and balance of the body’s energies using meridian lines.
Bowen therapy is useful in treating a broad range of physical ailments including muscular, structural and visceral (internal) complaints.
How does Bowen therapy work?
The Bowen technique helps the body remember how to heal itself. The gentle yet powerful Bowen moves send neurological impulses to the brain resulting in immediate responses of muscle relaxation and pain reduction. The moves create energy surges and works on meridian line energy pathways.
What can it help you with?
Bowen therapy is suitable for babies, children and adults (young and old). It can help with both physical issues and emotional states:
- back and neck pain and stiffness (including whiplash and wry neck)
- shoulder and arm problems including carpel tunnel and tennis elbow
- headaches, migraines, dizziness
- sinusitus, eye, ear to nose and throat problems
- sciatica, groin, hip and buttock pain
- lower leg, ankle, foot and toe complaints
- thigh, hamstring or knee problems
- lymph and circulatory problems
- mastitis, pregnancy related pain
- anxiety and panic attacks
- feelings of being run down / exhaustion
- fatigue / adrenal, chronic, general
- depression and feelings of numbness
- supports substance withdrawal
What happens in a session?
Bowen therapy is best on bare skin. Clients lay on a massage table and are covered in towels. Bowen moves are used over various areas of the body depending on what issues are presented in the body.
Appropriate aftercare will be discussed and is essential to ensure the most benefit from the treatment.
If welcomed by the client, Lizette, as a qualified Kinesiologist, can discuss the emotions held in the body dis-ease asking to be made conscious and guide the client through healing on whichever level is required.
How long is a session?
Between 45-60 minutes depending on what your body needs
WHERe is the clinic?
Upwey Health and Wellbeing
1472 Burwood Highway, Upwey 3158
HOW DO I BOOK IN?
Call Lizette if you wish to discuss health issues or injuries before your session on 0412 060 686
Or book online here